Today's Gospel is Matt 11:28-30 "Come to me all you who labor and are burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy and my burden light."We are all yoked. Yoked with activities, noise, people, events, work, responsibilities, lonliness, concerns, needs, pain and more. But I love the yoked imagery. Picture two work horses yoked together pulling the plow. That is each of us is with Christ. He is with us in every single moment, in every activity and concern, and even when we doubt, unbelieve, and sin. How easy it is to forget this with how busy we have become in our daily lives!
So, the reminder today is to rest in Him -- which to me means pray -- and gather strength from He who is love. He who gave His life for us and knows each of us better than we know ourselves.
Mother Theresa and her sisters adored the Blessed Sacrament every morning before going out to minister to the dying in the streets. She said she couldn't start her day without resting in Him first.
So I am going to try to move forward into my day, fully yoked, but with a renewed awareness of my partner-laborer who is Christ.
